Children with a wide range of special needs achieve their best from creative experiences through the fine arts in a warm and welcoming environment.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of children with special needs by providing the opportunity for each child to demonstrate creativity; develop self-confidence; gain and maintain high self-esteem; and develop long-lasting relationships with children with similar needs in a warm and welcoming environment through fine arts classes, performances, and exhibits.
Our instructors develop and effectively implement fine arts lessons by exhibiting:
- Strong passion for seeing every child succeed.
- Positive attitude.
- Calming effect.
- Wide-open and welcoming arms to every child and family.
- Putting the needs of each child first.
- Wide array of experiences teaching and interacting with children, especially children with special needs.
- Background and passion for the fine arts in theatre arts, dance, digital photography, filmmaking, and music.
Programs and Activities:
Our programs and activities are conducted with attention to pacing so that every child’s unique abilities and strengths are maximized. A student-centered approach and incorporating positive behavior supports are integral components of our programs. Clear, simple, step-by-step instructions are delivered to support each child’s experience. Each child receives an abundance of verbal praise from our instructors and volunteers, and children compliment and encourage each other during the activities. Our class size is intentionally small so that special attention to each child is provided.
Our volunteers have passion for children, especially children with special needs, to thrive in an enriching environment. Volunteers support each child’s journey through our programs, and are key ingredients for a successful experience.
The Fine Arts:
The fine arts are the perfect venue for children with special needs to build their self-esteem, increase their self-confidence, and develop their creativity while having fun. For several children with special needs, stretching the imagination can be a daunting and challenging task. At Joshua’s Stage, we make using imagination a safe, non-threatening, easy, and fun event. Each child can tap into their own creative energy through theatre arts, dance, digital photography, filmmaking, music, and arts and crafts. Working together as a class, children foster and encourage each other to go above and beyond their unique abilities.
Partnering with other local community organizations who: enrich the lives of children with special needs; foster fine arts for children, and who instill a love for learning is a strong component for Joshua’s Stage.
- At the Capitol School of Austin, we conduct programs for children ages 3 to 5, and for children in grades K-5.
- In collaboration with the Move Your Tale program at ColdTowne Theater, we conduct our middle school improv program.
- At Toybrary Austin, we are planning to conduct summer camps for children ages 3 to 6 and children in grades K-5.
- With VELA (Vibrant. Empowered. Limitless. Able), we conducted theatre arts activities for children whose families attend their parent information and support groups.
Joshua’s Stage – The Exceptional Experience for the Exceptional Child – is the premiere performance center for children ages 3 to 18 with a wide range of special needs; featuring classes, workshops, camps, performances, and exhibits in theatre arts, dance, digital photography, and filmmaking.
Joshua’s Stage is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization in Austin, Texas. Programs are tuition based, and tuition assistance and scholarships may be available, thanks to our generous donors.
For more information about Joshua’s Stage contact Joshua Levy, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 512-825-2744.