You can enrich the lives of individuals with special needs by working or volunteering at Joshua’s Stage.
“I cannot begin to thank you enough for giving me the opportunity that you did, to work with you guys and the kids. I really needed that experience! It opened my eyes to many of the old and stuck thoughts I had around children with autism and other disabilities. Thank you for allowing me to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. I did not realize how much fun I could have, putting my guard down, and being given permission to be silly!” – Volunteer at Joshua’s Stage
Joshua’s Stage uses The Creative Outlet Method™. The Creative Outlet Method™ is the process used to enhance every participant’s unique abilities while providing the opportunity to demonstrate their creativity and to increase their self-confidence. To foster and maintain a warm and welcoming environment for every participant, qualified staff and volunteers are trained to implement the CUPSS of The Creative Outlet Method™:
Create – create and conduct activities with our passion for the fine arts
Unique – celebrate every participant’s unique abilities while recognizing student accomplishments with our “I Feel Good Applause”
Positive – develop and maintain a positive relationship with every participant
Support – support participants so that they encourage each other to achieve their best
Success – provide an environment for every student to feel successful
Volunteer Opportunities – Check out our Calendar of Events page to view upcoming programs and events.
- Work one on one with participants as needed
- Help participants to understand the activity
- Model how to do the activity
- Support participants during transition periods from one activity to the next
- Monitor participants during recess activities
- Establish and maintain rapport with the participants, instructors, and parents
- Maintain a positive and energetic attitude
- Consistently catch participants being good, frequently provide verbal praise
- Embrace the program experience as a warm and welcoming environment
If you are interested in learning more about teaching or volunteering at Joshua’s Stage, contact Joshua Levy, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 512-825-2744. You can also complete the interest form below.