Working with Joshua’s Stage
UPDATE March 20, 2020: The position described below is currently on hold.
Available Position: After-School Instructor
Position Posted: March 4, 2020
Tuesdays through Thursdays at the Capitol School of Austin, 2011 W Koenig Ln., Austin, TX 78756; 2:45 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Mondays at the William’s Community School, 5209 Duval Rd., Austin, TX 78727; 3:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Fridays at the William’s Community School, 5209 Duval Rd., Austin, TX 78727; 12:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE Days/Times/Locations
- Create, adapt and implement activities
- Manage and support participants during activities utilizing positive behavior supports
- Develop positive relationships with participants, parents, and other stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a warm and welcoming environment
- Adjust activities during the program as needed to accommodate the interest level of the participants
- Maintain a participant-focused approach during activities
- Actively monitor participants during activities including outdoor activities
- Engage in conversations with staff to determine enhancements to activities
- Must have completed a background check within the past year, or is able to pass a current background check
- Experience working with children is a must, and experience working with children with special needs is desired
- Background in the arts is desired
Pay: $12.00 to $15.00/hr, depending on qualifications and experiences
If you are interested in working with Joshua’s Stage, contact Joshua Levy, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 512-825-2744.
Volunteer with Joshua’s Stage
- Work one on one with participants as needed
- Help participants to understand the activity
- Model how to do the activity
- Support participants during transition periods from one activity to the next
- Monitor participants during recess activities
- Establish and maintain rapport with the participants, instructors, and parents
- Maintain a positive and energetic attitude
- Consistently catch participants being good, frequently provide verbal praise
- Embrace the program experience as a warm and welcoming environment
You can also complete the interest form below.
“I cannot begin to thank you enough for giving me the opportunity that you did, to work with you guys and the kids. I really needed that experience! It opened my eyes to many of the old and stuck thoughts I had around children with autism and other disabilities. Thank you for allowing me to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. I did not realize how much fun I could have, putting my guard down, and being given permission to be silly!” – Volunteer at Joshua’s Stage