You can enrich the lives of individuals with special needs by working or volunteering at Joshua’s Stage.
“I cannot begin to thank you enough for giving me the opportunity that you did, to work with you guys and the kids. I really needed that experience! It opened my eyes to many of the old and stuck thoughts I had around children with autism and other disabilities. Thank you for allowing me to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. I did not realize how much fun I could have, putting my guard down, and being given permission to be silly!” – Volunteer at Joshua’s Stage
Volunteer Opportunities – Check out our Calendar of Events page to view upcoming programs and events.
- Work one on one with participants as needed
- Help participants to understand the activity
- Model how to do the activity
- Support participants during transition periods from one activity to the next
- Monitor participants during recess activities
- Establish and maintain rapport with the participants, instructors, and parents
- Maintain a positive and energetic attitude
- Consistently catch participants being good, frequently provide verbal praise
- Embrace the program experience as a warm and welcoming environment
If you are interested in learning more about teaching or volunteering at Joshua’s Stage, contact Joshua Levy, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-825-2744. You can also complete the interest form below.