The Creative Outlet Method is the process used to enhance every program participant’s unique abilities while providing them with opportunities to demonstrate their creativity, increase their self-confidence, and build their social skills in a warm and welcoming environment.
Rooted in social and emotional learning (SEL), The 10 Components of The Creative Outlet Method consist of the blueprint for implementing a quality and accessible program for neurodivergent youth and young adults:
- Implementers and Recipients
- CUPSS (Create, Unique, Positive, Support, Success)
- SOfTS (Serving Others for Tremendous Success)
- RAE of Sunshine Approach (Reflect. Analyze. Engage. Sunshine.)
- The Five C’s (Compassionate, Confident, Creative, Curiosity, Communication)
- HIPPP Rules (Hey, Hey What?!, I Am Making Good Decisions, Positive Actions, Positive Words, Participation)
- Audience Types (A+ Audience, B Audience, and Funky Fools)
- Activity Plans
- Celebrate Success
- The Creative Outlet Method Cycle
Joshua’s Stage directors, site leads, site staff, and volunteers apply the SOfTS (Serving Others for Tremendous Success) and The Five C’s (Compassion, Confidence, Creativity, Curiosity, and Communication) components of The Creative Outlet Method to foster and maintain a culture of understanding, patience, flexibility, determination, quality, humility, sincerity, and receptiveness.
A practical guide for parents and special educators to help enrich the lives of children with special needs
In The Creative Outlet Method: At-Home Activities for Children with Special Needs, certified special education educator Joshua Levy delivers practical and effective resources for conducting over 30 enriching theater arts and improvisational activities. The included exercises will allow children with disabilities to demonstrate creativity, increase self-confidence, and build social skills. Get your copy today.
This book offers incredible at-home activities for the whole family, not just those with special needs. I have a son with autism and two other children and we have all very much enjoyed the activities in the book. I would highly suggest this book to any parent. The book helps children build creativity and confidence in a fun and easy to use manner. It provides everything a parent could need to get at-home fun going! – Lisa Burton